We have a blended family with five teenagers.
I have been a professional organizer since 2003 and I am the author of an exciting new book called, "From Frazzled to Freedom." I am also a Golden member of The National Association of Professional Organizers. (NAPO) and have also also written over 250 columns on organizing. Here is a sample of my best tips for the holidays!
- If you do a lot of baking during the holidays, make sure to stock up on baking items now. That way you aren’t having to run around at the last minute to get those items.
- Get out your wrapping supplies. Do you need more paper, bows or gift tags. If so, make those purchases now.
- Look at your inventory of boxes. Do you have enough? Do you have good assortment of sizes?
- If you do a lot of entertaining over the holidays, identify the platters, glass wear, etc… that you may use and determine if you have enough. If not, pick up more of these items at places such as TJMaxx, Ross Dress for Less or your favorite go to place for such items.
- Check out your wardrobe for appropriate party clothes. Consignment stores are a great place to purchase items that you don’t need to wear often and cost less than department stores. Shop now!
- De-clutter the areas of your home where you want to put holiday décor. This way decorating will be a cinch.
- Pick a place in your home to store gifts. De-clutter that area, if needed.
- Go through your holiday décor and get rid of anything you haven’t used in years or things that are beyond repair.
- Start compiling your address list now if you decide to send cards.
- Mark your calendar now for those important dates such as work parties, etc…Don’t forget to mark days for shopping and wrapping!